|5 min||20 min||6|
|454 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into thin strips)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil (use as much as you need)|
|2 tbsp||Butter, grass fed, unsalted|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|4 medium||Carrots (cut into rounds)|
|1/2 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|2 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (cut into strips)|
|1 can (13.5oz)||Coconut milk, reduced fat|
|1 cup||Peanut butter, chunky|
|454 gm||Shrimp, raw (frozen, peeled)|
|1 bunch||Basil, fresh (roughly chopped - for topping)|
1. Slice chicken into thin strips and cook in a skillet with a little coconut oil until they are nice and golden. Then set aside.
2. In a large skillet melt the butter and sauté the garlic, onions, carrots, and pepper flakes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until onions begin to soften. Add peppers and cook another couple of minutes.
3. Add coconut milk and peanut butter to the skillet and bring to a boil. Stir until peanut butter is fully melted. Yum.
4. Toss in raw shrimp and stir them up in the liquid until they are cooked through. Add fresh basil on top.
5. Serve on rice and with a side of choice.
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids
are high in vitamin C which is the most abundant antioxidant!
Family loved this meal! Served over Brown and Long Grain Rice with fresh crusty bread.