|20 min||15 min||12|
|3 cup whole||Almonds, raw|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place almonds on a large baking sheet and toast for approximately 12-15 minutes.
3. Place toasted almonds into a large food processor. Process for 2 minutes, then stop and scrape down the sides.
4. Continue to process for about 7-12 minutes (depends on how powerful your food processor is). You will notice that the almonds will gradually change from a powder to form a large ball.
5. Continue processing and that ball will break down again and begin to resemble a coarse and pasty almond butter.
6. Continue processing until the almond butter becomes smooth and moist looking.
7. Store your almond butter in a glass jar and refrigerate.
Yields 1 1/2 cups which is 24 tbsp. - 2 tbsp. per serving = 12 servings