|5 min||5 min||4|
|4 small pita||Pita bread, whole-wheat|
|1 can(s) (15 oz)||Red kidney beans, canned, drained (rinsed)|
|4 tbsp||Sour cream, vegan|
|1/4 cup||Green onion (chopped)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|2 tsp||Garlic powder (divided, to taste)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place pitas on baking sheet and let them get warm for about 10 minutes. You do not want them too crispy.
3. While the pitas are toasting in the oven, heat up the beans in a small fry pan and add seasonings like salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Leave on the fry pan about 5-6 minutes, just until warm.
4. Mash up 4 avocados. Add seasonings salt, pepper and garlic powder, mix well.
5. Once your pitas are toasty, and the beans are ready you can assemble accordingly.
6. Take a generous spoonful of mashed avocado and spread it across your warm, toasty pita. Throw on about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of beans to each pita.
7. Dollop each pita with a serving of vegan sour cream or hummus.
8. Sprinkle with green onions or scallions, season with salt/pepper,
No red kidney beans?
use chickpeas instead
To make this a lighter and grain-free
use iceberg lettuce wraps or any other green of your choice
Red Kidney Beans
are high in calcium, folic acid, complex carbohydrates and fiber, they help to boost energy and have anti-oxidative properties that help to destroy harmful free radicals from your body