|15 min||7 min||16|
|4 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|1 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened|
|1 cup||Almonds, toasted (chopped)|
|1 cup||Cranberries, dried|
|1 cup||Candied ginger, uncrystallized (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Chia seeds, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
1. Place two racks in the center and upper third of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place oats on an ungreased and unlined baking sheet. Place coconut on a second ungreased and unlined baking sheet.
3. Toast oats and coconut until coconut is golden brown and fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes. Coconut browns quickly, keep an eye on it. Remove both the oats and coconut from the oven and allow to cool.
4. In a large bowl toss together oats, coconut, almonds, dried cranberries, ginger, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
5. To store, place in airtight jars or a well sealed plastic bag. Serve with your choice of milk and fresh or frozen berries.
Prepare muesli the night before, or at least a few hours before serving. To serve, scoop desired amount of muesli into a bowl. Top with a handful of frozen or fresh blueberries. Serve immediately or cover over and place in the fridge overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
Contain a soluble fiber called beta-glucan that helps to reduce bad LDL cholesterol, balance blood sugar and keep you regular.