Toaster Oven Kale Chips
A high nutrient delicious snack, good replacement for potato chips!
Lemon peel (zest)
3 spray (about 1/3 second)
Olive oil cooking spray
Sea salt, fine
1. Preheat toaster oven to 300 F and place baking rack in the lowest position.
2. Wash kale leaves and dry completely. Remove thick stems and large ribs. Chop or tear leaves into similarly sized pieces.
3. Arrange kale pieces on a cookie sheet and mist with 2-3 sprays oil. Rub pieces around cookie sheet to coat bottoms with the sprayed oil. Make sure pieces are spaced apart and not touching.
4. Sprinkle kale with sea salt and lemon zest.
5. Bake at 300 F for 6 minutes. Rotate pieces from back to front and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes until leaves are crisp and dry.
6. Allow kale chips to cool on the cookie sheet for 3 to 5 minutes and enjoy.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat