|10 min||15 min||4|
|1 dash||Black pepper (or to taste)|
|3 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||Nutritional yeast|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 cup||Radish sprouts (optional)|
|2 cup||Spinach (chopped)|
|1 block||Tofu, regular, firm (crumbled)|
|1 dash||Turmeric, ground|
|4 medium tortilla(s)||Whole wheat tortilla (or lettuce wrap)|
|1 small||Yellow onion (diced)|
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onion until softened and starting to colour. Add the crumbled tofu and stir about for a minute or two.
3. In a small bowl combine the yeast, oregano, turmeric, salt and pepper with the water and whisk with a fork until smooth. Pour over the tofu and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and let cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
4. Cut avocado in half and twist to separate, then scoop out the avocado and mash with the lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste. Dress the greens.
5. To assemble, divide the avocado mixture amongst the four tortillas or lettuce leaves, top with the tofu scramble, sprouts and greens. Roll up and enjoy!
For a lighter option and grain-free
use lettuce leaves instead of tortillas
is naturally gluten-free and is an excellent source of iron and calcium, look for organic non-GMO tofu for your healthiest source. Tofu is an important source of protein for vegetarians