|5 min||25 min||1|
|5 leaf||Basil, fresh|
|3 tomato||Cherry Tomatoes|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|1 pinch||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
1. Roughly tear up the basil leaves.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half on a chopping board.
3. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Beat well with a fork until fully combined.
5. Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up. Meanwhile…
6. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat up to high.
7. Carefully add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
8. Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
9. Carefully pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
10 Using a fork, swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
11. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half – when it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
are a great source of protein and an excellent source of some B vitamins