|15 min||40 min||6|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large||White onion (thinly sliced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp||Rosemary, fresh (minced)|
|3 can(s) (14oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|2 tbsp||Honey, raw|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (rinsed)|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
1. Warm the olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot set over high heat and add the onions.
2. Stir and turn heat down to medium after 1 minute. Let onions cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic and rosemary. Cook for a minute or two, and then add the tomatoes, honey, salt, pepper, 1 can chickpeas, and the stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
5. Working in batches, purée soup in blender and return to pot. Add the remaining can of chickpeas and warm the soup to serve.
are an excellent source of plant-based protein and are very high in fiber