|15 min||1 h 30 min||10|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean (or extra lean ground beef)|
|1 can (15oz)||Whole tomato, canned|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|2 medium||Carrots (chopped)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (chopped)|
|1 small||Summer squash (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||White mushrooms (chopped)|
|1 small||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 tsp||Olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp||Oregano, dried|
|3 tbsp||Flaxseeds (*optional)|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 container (475g)||Ricotta cheese (skimmed milk)|
|1 small can||Tomato paste, canned|
|2 cup shredded||Mozzarella cheese|
|12 noodle(s)||lasagna noodle, whole-wheat, dry (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350. Sauté garlic & onion in olive oil in large pot over medium low heat, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey, cook (or add ground beef). Add carrot, cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, paste and cook on medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and all other vegetables except spinach and cook another 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix ricotta, parmesan, eggs, oregano, flax seed, and 1 cup mozzarella in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Pour 1 cup sauce in bottom of a DEEP baking pan.
5. If using foil baking pan, place on foil lined cookie sheet, place in oven.
6. Bake, covered for 45 minutes. Remove foil, bake additional 15 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.