|15 min||1 h 10 min||6|
|454 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|6 cup||Bone broth, Organic (preferabbly chicken)|
|1 tbsp||Avocado oil (or coconut oil)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|1 piece, 1-inch||Ginger root (grated)|
|4 medium||Carrots (peeled and sliced)|
|4 medium stalk(s)||Celery (chopped)|
|1 medium head||Green cabbage (shredded)|
|1 medium||Zucchini (chopped)|
|1 tbsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1 tbsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
1. Cook chicken breasts and four cups of the chicken bone broth in the Instant Pot using this method, or your preferred method. Remove the chicken breasts from the broth. Set aside to cool, shred, then store in the fridge if you are not making the soup right away. Reserve the remaining bone broth for the soup. You can also use shredded chicken from a whole chicken.
2. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, lower the heat to medium and add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook on medium heat for approximately five to six minutes, or until softened.
3. Add carrots, celery, and green cabbage. Stir and cook for an additional six to eight minutes.
4. Stir in zucchini, remaining two cups of bone broth, and the four cups of bone broth used to cook the chicken. You may need to strain the broth used to cook the chicken.
5. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add spices, lemon juice, and shredded cooked chicken, cover, and continue simmering for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. The longer it simmers, the better it tastes!
is a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
is a great source of lean protein