Cremini (Italian) mushroom
(thinly sliced, for stir-fry)
Salt and pepper
Green onion, scallion, ramp
(sliced, for stir-fry)
1. Line a plate with paper towels, add the tofu pieces and top with another few layers of paper towels. Add a plate and something heavy (like a few cookbooks) and press the moisture out of the tofu.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients and transfer to a sealable plastic bag. Add in the pressed tofu and allow the tofu to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
3. When ready to cook, mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil to a nonstick skillet and cook the tofu over medium high heat until golden brown on all sides, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Wipe out the pan (to prevent the marinade from burning), add in the remaining teaspoon of oil and heat to medium high. Add the carrots and broccoli and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the zucchini, bok choy, bell pepper, cremini mushrooms and a pinch each of salt and pepper. The salt will help to draw out the moisture so it can start to evaporate. Allow the veggies to cook for 5 minutes, making sure to toss everything frequently.
6. Add in the sauce, and again, toss to coat. Cook until the sauce thickens, and the vegetables reach a nice al dente stage.
7. Finally, add in the bean sprouts and the tofu to rewarm and mix everything together once more. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, to taste.
8. When ready to serve, pile the tofu on top of the vegetables and noodles, top with the scallion and sesame seeds and enjoy!