|15 min||1 h||10|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cup||White onion (diced)|
|1 cup diced||Celery|
|1/2 cup chopped||Carrots (diced)|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|4 tbsp||Water (to combine with flaxmeal)|
|1 1/2 cup||Sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in boiling water, 10 minnutes)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut aminos, Coconut Secret|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 1/2 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 tsp||Paprika, smoked|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan set over high heat and add in diced onions. Sauté on high, stirring 3 minutes, then reduce temperature to low and let caramelize. When onions are lightly golden brown, add in diced celery and carrots. Cook to soften 5 to 8 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl combine flax meal with water. Set aside.
4. Place walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, coconut aminos, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, paprika, cayanne, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until roughly combined and resembles the texture of ground meat, adding in a little water if necessary. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mix in onion mixture and flax mixture. Combine.
5. Lightly press walnut mixture into prepared loaf pan and place in oven. Bake the loaf for 40 minutes, or until the top has browned. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you'd like to glaze the loaf, spread a thin layer of organic ketchup over the top of the loaf before serving.