|10 min||25 min||4|
|1 cup||Brown rice, long-grain, cooked (cooked)|
|2 medium egg||Egg (whisked)|
|1 1/2 cup||Green Giant Garden Vegetable Medley (frozen)|
|1/4 cup||Soy sauce, low sodium (to taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|3 green onion (stem)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (sliced)|
1. Cook your rice according to package instructions or by adding 1 cup rinsed brown rice to a pot with 3 cups of water. Place it on your stovetop over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, uncovered. Reduce the heat to low-simmer and cook the rice for 20-25 minutes with the lid on. Let the rice sit, covered, for 10 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Set rice aside.
2. Whisk your eggs in a small mixing bowl and set them aside. Prep your green onions.
2. Heat a large wok on your stovetop over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and let heat up for a few seconds.
3. Add whisked eggs to the wok, let cook and set for 1 minute. Break up eggs with your spatula or spoon into small pieces.
4. Add the frozen mixed vegetables into the wok and cook for 2 minutes with the eggs, stirring frequently, until vegetables start to soften.
5, Add the brown rice and soy sauce to vegetable and egg mixture and cook for up to 10 minutes or until all is heated through and the soy sauce has absorbed.
6. Season well with fresh ground pepper and top with green onions or scallions. Serve immediately.
For grain-free option use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
Substitute coconut aminos for soy-free soy sauce, or use gluten-free, low-sodium tamari for the fermented version.
Add chicken, beef or pork for extra protein.
Cook brown rice ahead of time.