|15 min||25 min||12|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1/4 cup||Quinoa, uncooked (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|1/4 cup||Amaranth, raw (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|1/4 cup||Millet, dry (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|1/4 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|1 tsp||Coconut oil (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|2 cup||Water (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground) (for mixed grain pilaf)|
|1 large potato||Sweet potato (peeled, diced)|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|6 tbsp||Water, filtered (hot)|
|4 cup||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|1 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees or alternatively mid-way through heat coconut oil in large skillet.
2. To make the mixed grain pilaf: Combine quinoa, amaranth, millet, brown rice, coconut oil and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the grains are soft. Remove from heat, add the flaxmeal and fluff mixture with a fork.
3. In a medium size pot prepare a steamer basket over water. Steam the sweet potatoes until soft. Remove from heat and add the spinach on top of the sweet potatoes. Cover, and let steam for 2-3 minutes. Uncover, drain the water, and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, mix flax meal with hot water. Let sit for several minutes until it becomes a glutinous consistency.
5. To the flax and water mixture add the mixed grain pilaf, the beans, the juice of a lime and salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the cooked sweet potatoes and spinach and mix well. Form into patties.
6. If using skillet, cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or bake patties on parchment lined baking sheet for 12 minutes. Serve and enjoy!