|5 min||25 min||30 min||2|
|1/2 cup||Cremini (Italian) mushroom|
|4 medium egg||Egg|
|1/3 cup, crumbled||Feta cheese, low fat ((optional))|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed)|
|1/2 cup||Grape tomatoes (chopped)|
|1/2 cup sliced||Yellow onion|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In an oven-proof frying pan over med high heat, cook onions and garlic for 3 mins then add kale, chopped tomatoes and mushrooms - cook for another 5 mins covered (to wilt kale).
3. Beat eggs in a bowl until combined and pour evenly over veggies, next sprinkling in feta (optional)
4. Cook on stove top for 5-7 minutes.
5. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 12 minutes.
6. Serve on its own or with wholegrain toast
substitute in spinach or grated zucchini as well as red peppers if you prefer
are a high quality protein and an excellent source of B vitamins, eggs contain Omega 3 fatty acids if stated on carton label
(commercially produced eggs contain no fatty acids)
is an excellent source of carotenes, vitamin C, B6 and manganese, it is high in fiber and contains many minerals