|10 min||25 min||4|
|4 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (marinaded overnight in homemade stir fry marinade)|
|1 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry|
|1 medium||White onion|
|1 head||Broccoli, raw (chopped into small florets)|
|1 medium head||Cauliflower (chopped into small florets)|
|1 cup grated||Carrots (or thinly sliced into matchsticks or coins)|
|1 cup||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (sliced)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (sliced)|
|1 head(s)||Bok choy (chopped)|
|1 can(s) (8oz)||Water chestnuts, canned (drained and sliced)|
1. In a small pot on high heat bring 2 cups water and rice to a boil.
When bubbling, reduce to low and cover, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add the chicken and brown until completely cooked.
When cooked, transfer chicken to a clean plate, using a slotted spoon, to keep as much of the liquid in the pan as
3. Add the mushrooms, onion, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, mushrooms browned and the broccoli and cauliflower are fork tender (about 3-5 minutes).
4. Add the carrots, and red pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Then add the bok choy and water chestnuts, cover and cook until the boy choy is wilted (about 2 minutes).
5. Finally, add the chicken and excess liquid back into the skillet and stir till combined.
6. Serve the stir fry & vegetables on a bed of brown rice and enjoy!
Broccoli and Cauliflower
are both cruciferous vegetables and high in fiber and vitamins!