|5 min||15 min||2|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup||White onion (chopped)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 large stalk(s)||Celery (minced)|
|1/4 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1/8 tsp||Oregano, dried (pinch)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 1/2 cup||Great northern beans (cooked (or 15 oz. can, drained and rinsed))|
|3 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|2 cup||Spinach (fresh and chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh|
1. Heat olive oil over medium low heat in a large pot.
2. Add onion, garlic, celery, thyme, oregano and a pinch of salt and sweat for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
3. Add cooked beans and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until onions and celery are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
4. In the couple of minutes of cooking, stir in spinach and parsley until wilted. Add in lemon juice.
5. Breathe in the nourishing aroma, find your favorite spoon, and enjoy!
You can use any combination of beans for this soup although white beans will provide the best taste and texture. Great northern beans are also known as Navy beans or Haricot beans.
Great northern beans
High in fiber and help with regularity, weight loss, blood sugar and cholesterol management. They're also a great source of plant-based protein, contain folate, magnesium and iron.