|15 min||1 h 5 min||4|
|1/4 cup||Wild rice, dry (rinsed)|
|2 squash||Acorn squash (halved, cored)|
|5 tsp||Canola oil|
|1/2 cup||Yellow onion (finely chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (finely chopped)|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|1 large||Red Apple (unpeeled, diced)|
|1 tbsp||Thyme, fresh|
1. In glass or metal bowl, cover wild rice with 1 cup (500 mL) boiling water. Let sit covered for 1 hour until kernels pop, and then drain water.
2. Preheat oven to 400⁰F (200⁰C).
3. Brush inside of each squash half with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) canola oil.
4. Place squash, flat side down, on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
5. Five minutes before squash finish cooking, prepare stuffing. In non-stick skillet, sauté onion, garlic and celery in remaining canola oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add apple; cook for 2 minutes. Add rice and thyme; mix well.
6. Remove squash from oven and stuff with wild rice blend.
is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, B vitamins, potassium, iron and MUCH more!