|20 min||20 min||6|
|1 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|4 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|114 gm||Shiitake mushrooms, raw|
|2 head||Baby bok choy|
|3 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (thinly sliced)|
|1 tbsp||Miso paste (to taste)|
|227 gm||Shrimp, raw (peeled, deveined, diced, for wontons)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for wontons)|
|2 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (thinly sliced, for wontons)|
|1 tbsp||Oyster sauce (for wontons)|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce, low sodium (for wontons)|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root (for wontons)|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil (for wontons)|
|1/2 tsp||Sriracha (for wontons, optional)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (for wontons)|
|36 sheet(s) 2-inch||Wonton wrapper (for wontons)|
1. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper.
2. To assemble the wontons, place wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture into the center of each wrapper. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal; set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Whisk in chicken broth, mushrooms and 2 cups water.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in bok choy and green onions. Stir in miso paste until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Stir in wontons until cooked through, about 2 minutes.