|15 min||15 min||8|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/3 cup||Red onion (chopped)|
|1/4 cup chopped||Red bell pepper|
|1/4 cup chopped||Green bell pepper|
|1 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (chopped, optional)|
|2 tsp||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1 tbsp||Chili powder|
|1/8 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, coarsely mashed)|
|1 medium egg||Egg|
|1/2 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|3 spray (about 1/3 second)||Olive oil cooking spray|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
3. In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium setting. Sauté the garlic, onions and peppers for about 5 minutes or until the veggies begin to brown; spoon into a large bowl.
4. Squeeze out the excess moisture with paper towels or a dishcloth (this will help hold the burgers together). Place the veggies into a large bowl.
5. Stir in the remaining ingredients, combining well. Form the mixture into 8 patties.
6. Bake the veggie burgers for about 10 minutes on each side or until heated through.
are an important source of plant-based protein and are high fiber!