|5 min||45 min||12|
|2 tbsp||Canola oil|
|2 2/3 cup chopped||Yellow onion|
|1/3 cup||Jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)|
|6 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|3 can (19oz)||Navy beans, white, canned (drained and rinsed)|
|1 1/2 cup, diced||Turkey breast (cooked)|
|1 1/2 cup||Freeze dried sweet corn|
|1 tsp||Ancho chili powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||Lime juice (fresh)|
|2 tsp||Cilantro (coriander)|
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add jalapeno pepper and sauté until onions are tender.
3. Add chicken broth, beans, turkey and corn. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cumin and ancho chili pepper. Simmer 35 minutes.
5. Stir in lime juice and simmer additional 5 minutes.
6. Stir in cilantro immediately before serving. Serve.
are an excellent source of protein and are very high in fiber, which is great for digestion
is a great source of lean protein