|10 min||30 min||4|
|2 potato||Potato (cut into cubes)|
|1 medium||Zucchini (cut into 1/4-inch chunks)|
|454 gm||Beef, ground, extra lean|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped or pressed)|
|1/2 tsp||Onion powder (to taste)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|454 gm||Salsa, ready-to-serve|
|1 tsp||Cumin (to taste)|
|1 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels (or peas)|
|2 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, cooked (cooked)|
1. Prep the potato and zucchini.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, add ground beef and brown for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and onion powder to the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Continue cooking and add the jar of salsa, cumin, potatoes, and water. Stir together.
4. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes until favours blend.
5. Add the zucchini and corn or peas and stir everything together. Add another 1/4 cup of water if needed to cook potatoes and veggies.
6. Cover and cook for about 5-10 more minutes until potatoes and zucchini are cooked, but not too soft.
7. Meanwhile, cook your rice according to package instructions. Serve with rice.