|2 h||25 min||2 h 25 min||8|
|2 cup||Apple cider (for brine)|
|2 stick(s)||Cinnamon (for brine)|
|2 tsp||Peppercorn (for brine)|
|2 star||Anise seeds (for brine)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (smashed, for brine)|
|3 tbsp||Kosher salt (for brine)|
|4 cup||Ice cubes (for brine)|
|908 gm||Pork, tenderloin, lean (trimmed, for brine)|
|6 tbsp||Apple butter, Musselman's (for glaze)|
|2 tbsp||Hoisin sauce, ready-to-serve (for glaze)|
|1 tsp minced||Ginger root (for glaze)|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice (for glaze)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (finely grated, for glaze)|
|1/4 tsp||5-Spice seasoning (for glaze)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for glaze)|
|1/4 cup||Apple cider (for stir-fry)|
|1 tsp||Cornstarch (for stir-fry)|
|3 medium||Carrots (spiralized into noodles, for stir-fry)|
|4 large||Zucchini (spiralized into noodles, for stir-fry)|
|1 medium||Apple (spiralized into noodles, for stir-fry)|
|2 cup||Bean sprouts (for stir-fry)|
|1 cup||Frozen edamame (soybeans) (shelled, for stir-fry)|
1. To prepare the brine:
2. Turn off the heat and add in the 4 cups of ice. Allow to cool completely.
3. Once cool, add the pork tenderloins to a large re-sealable bag or container and pour the brine over top. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. To prepare the glaze:
5. Mix together the apple butter, hoisin, ginger, lemon, garlic, and 5-spice powder.
6. After the two hours, remove the tenderloin from the brine and pat dry.
7. Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and sear the pork tenderloin on all sides until evenly browned. Do not wipe or rinse out the pan.
8. Transfer the tenderloins to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with the glaze, reserving the remaining glaze. Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 145-150 F, about 20 minutes.
9. To prepare the stir-fry:
10. Return the large nonstick skillet to the burner over medium high heat.
11. Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
12. Add the apple cider mixture and the remaining apple butter glaze to the pan and cook on high until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
13. Add in the zucchini noodles, apple, bean sprouts and edamame and toss to coat in the sauce and lightly cook the noodles.
14. Divide the noodles between 8 plates. Slice the pork tenderloins into ½ inch pieces and fan on top of the noodles.
is high in folate, vitamin C, and potassium, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant phytonutrients