|10 min||10 min||2|
|2 cup||Passata (Longo's has a great organic brand)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed - can use 2, depending on how garlicky you like your sauce)|
|1 small||Red onion (diced - can use white onion)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried (to taste)|
|1 medium||Zucchini (spiralized)|
|1/2 cup||Chickpeas, canned, drained|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
1. Heat enough olive oil to lightly coat your pot. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper and saute for a minute or 2 until they start to sizzle.
2. Add the tomato sauce + ground flax + chickpeas and lower the heat and slightly cover the pot.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until starts to bubble.
4. While you are cooking the sauce, grab a pan and add some olive oil (for the zucchini noodles)
5. Add the zucchini and toss for a couple of minutes (the longer you cook, the more mushy the zucchini will be).
Can serve with gluten-free pasta instead: lentil (for more protein), quinoa (for more protein), brown rice.