|10 min||20 min||2|
|2 tbsp||Rice vinegar (for sauce)|
|2 tbsp||Fish sauce (for sauce)|
|3 tbsp||Tomato ketchup (for sauce)|
|1 tsp packed||Brown sugar (for sauce)|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne pepper (for sauce)|
|1 tsp||Chili garlic sauce (for sauce)|
|2 medium||Zucchini (spiralized)|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|227 gm||Shrimp, raw (peeled and de-veined)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)|
|3 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (sliced in 1 inch pieces)|
|1 large egg||Egg|
|2 cup||Bean sprouts|
|1/3 cup||Peanuts, roasted (for garnish)|
|1 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (for garnish)|
1. Make the Sauce: in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients vinegar, fish sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
2. Cut the zucchini into noodles or long pasta by using a vegetable spiralizer tool.
3. Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Don't overcook the noodles. The zucchini noodles should be slightly crunchy with a tender bite.
4. Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes to allow all the moisture to release. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain the excess water.
5. Carefully wipe the same pan remove the excess water, then reheat on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Cook the garlic until soft and translucent, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp is tender and becomes pink, 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the bell peppers and green onions. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the egg and stir in with the vegetables until the egg is cooked.
7. Add the zucchini noodles back into the same pan, then add the sauce. Cook for about 1 more minute or until the zucchini noodles are heated through. Then stir in the bean sprouts.
8. Serve the warm zucchini pad thai noodles with roasted peanuts and cilantro. Enjoy!
Never eat seafood that is raw, or not cooked through. Internal temperature of fish should be 158F or 70C degrees and for shellfish 165F or 74C degrees.
You can use regular buckwheat noodles instead of zucchini noodles, by first preparing the noodles according to package instructions and following the rest of the recipe