|2 h||25 min||1|
|1 tsp||Balsamic vinegar (for salad)|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for salad)|
|1 tbsp||Feta cheese (for salad)|
|1/4 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice (for salad)|
|2 cup||Lettuce, romaine (chopped, for salad)|
|1 tbsp||Walnuts (chopped, for salad)|
|1 tsp||Basil pesto (to taste)|
|1 bun||Hamburger bun, mixed grain (or sprouted bun)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 medium mushroom(s)||Portobello mushroom|
|1/2 tsp||Thyme, fresh (or oregano)|
|1 ring||Red onion (to taste)|
1. Wash and pinch off the stem of the portobello.
2. For the marinade, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, and herbs with 1 1/2 Tbs. of water. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together, put in a ziplock bag, and add the mushrooms. Marinate for two hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450. Transfer entire contents into a shallow baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Prepare the salad: Combine lettuce, feta, walnuts, lemon juice, a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Wash and pat dry all the leaves of the head of romaine, use some for topping.
5. Toast the bun, spread both sides with pesto, top with 1 portobello mushroom, and garnish with tomato, avocado, onion, and romaine leaf.