|10 min||10 min||4|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1 dash||Kosher salt (to taste)|
|1/4 cup shredded||Cheddar cheese, reduced fat (18%) (white cheddar)|
|4 large egg||Egg|
|4 medium||Tomato (vine ripened)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice off and set aside the top third of each tomato. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the tomatoes in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Break an egg into each tomato.
5. Bake, with the sliced tops, for 10 minutes.
6. Top the tomatoes with the cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes more.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with tops and toast strips for dipping.
are a great source of protein and can be a source of Omega 3's