|10 min||10 min||4|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1 dash||Kosher salt (to taste)|
|1/4 cup shredded||Cheddar cheese, reduced fat (18%) (white cheddar)|
|4 large egg||Egg|
|4 medium||Tomato (vine ripened)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice off and set aside the top third of each tomato. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the tomatoes in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Break an egg into each tomato.
5. Bake, with the sliced tops, for 10 minutes.
6. Top the tomatoes with the cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes more.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with tops and toast strips for dipping.
are a great source of protein and can be a source of Omega 3's
Did not cook in my standard oven in 20 minutes (10m with lid, 10m without). Tried to broil and it started to cook but split the tomatoes so egg leaked a bit). So took it to my toaster oven and baked better. Maybe oven was too big for only 4 tomatoes.
Good to know - thanks for sharing Miranda...would you try them again do you think?
Definitely! Now that I know how to properly bake it :). Sweetened the tomatoes so was able to get even my daughter (hates veggies) to eat some!
Oh yummy! Now you've convinced me to try it - adding it to my schedule for this week, thanks! :)